Pages

Saturday 31 December 2011

Volendam NZ Christmas Cruise 2011 Part 4





Saturday 31 December


It was also very wet and cold for our arrival in Auckland, however the rain eased off by lunch time. After lunch I walked around town for a few hours. I didn’t want to be to worn out for the visit to the Bridge at 4pm.

The Bridge visit was great although some of the oldies on the tour asked some very dumb questions. One old bloke asked is the Capt. allowed to go ashore when the ship is in Port and if he did would he only mix with the Captains of other ships? 
The bridge visit overlapped with Happy Hour but the boys had reserved our seats and had our drinks ready for us. New Years Eve was a formal night so I made the effort to put on the glad rags. The lobster for dinner was done to perfection and a great meal. We saw the New Year in up at the Crows Nest, I called it a night about 2ish. It was a great night.

New Years Day

I awoke just before 9am and went up for a late brekkie.

WOW…  I Have Made It
I received an invitation for cocktails and then dinner with the Captain tonight.




It’s our last day in NZ today and the weather has improved and are enjoying the sunshine as we visit the Bay of Islands (Waitangi). It was a 15 minute tender transfer to go ashore and well worth the visit.   I even won $15 on scratch it (lotto) ticket.




The cocktails and dinner with the Captain was a great experience, there were only 8 guests the Capt. and Michelle the Party planner. I sat beside Michelle a charming young lady from Vancouver and it is her first time in this part of the world. The meal was excellent and the table service was top notch. A privilege to sit with these well travelled guests.

I finished off the night at the Crows Nest with the Aussie Sing-along. The boys were done out in Aussie T-shirts, the boxing kangaroo flag flying and green and gold balloons around the ceiling. I called it a night at 11pm.

We are out in the Tasman Sea on our way home to OZ after having left our friendly Kiwi cousins and the beautiful Islands of NZ late this afternoon. So for the next 2 days we will be at sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment