Pages

Thursday 29 December 2011

Volendam NZ Christmas Cruise 2011 Part 3










Thursday 29 December 2011

This morning we arrived at the town of Napier about 7.30am. I was doing my deck walk as we were coming into the Port. Napier is known as the Art Deco Capital and it was beaut to revisit this very scenic and historic town.




 All the post Christmas Boxing day sales were still going so there were heaps of bargains for shoppers.
It was unfortunate we only had a 4 hour stopover to have a look around. So it was back to the ship for lunch and the sail away.

I took advantage of having a nanna nap.

I have a new name by some ot the boys working the Crows Nest and that is ‘Papa Ko’ which means ‘My Father’. Jeric started calling me that when he was on the Amsterdam so now 3 of the other boys have also started calling them that. I call them ‘Anna Ko’ No 1, 2 or 3 which means My Son. However Ricardo who I knew well before these guys is a bit put out as I have always called him Sir Ricardo and. He also now wants to be called Anna Ko. I think the best way out of this is for me to call them Anna Ko then followed by their name and drop out the No1 etc. Boy oh boy I hope this action sorts things out as I have never had young blokes or girls getting a bit jealous of me showing favouritism before. It is all good fun as they love to tease me a bit also.

Tonight is another formal dinner so we are still deciding if we will go to the dining room or the informal Lido. Anyway I have no doubt the decision will be made at happy hour later this arvo.

Happy hour was a hoot as usual and the boys now have our places at the Bar reserved for our arrival. I forgot to mention in the Crows Nest there is no smoking on the Volendam which is great as there are 1062 Aussies on board compared to 187 US and 48 Canadians.
We had informal diner in the Lido and I took advantage of another early night and was in bed by 10.30pm

No comments:

Post a Comment