Pages

Thursday 29 December 2011

Volendam NZ Christmas Cruise 2011 Part 4




Friday 30 Dec

We had a very wet and cold arrival at Tauranga this morning at 7.30am and the expected max temp will be 18C.



Ricardo and I in a very wet Tauranga

The Volendam & Myself
Wayne and I took some of the guys from the Crows Nest to lunch at a Chinese Restaurant. We were soaked by the rain on the short walk. It was a fantastic meal and it is always so good to see our friends enjoying themselves away from the ship and the other guests.
Wayne and I with some of the Crows Nest Boys
 (Sir Bob, Sir Michael & Sir Ricardo)

After lunch it was back to the ship fighting the wind and by now very heavy rain. I had to go and take a hot shower to try and warm up. Surhardie my cabin attendant was so concerned he took my very wet shoes to the laundry to see if the warm air there would dry then out faster.

My cabin Attendents

 My soaking jeans and other damp clothes were whizzed of to the Laundry for washing. I joined Wayne for a nice hot cuppa green tea up in the Lido.

I have had a bonus today as I have been able to contact to a free outside WiFi. 

The invitation to visit the Bridge arrived this morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment