Pages

Tuesday 25 September 2012

Vancouver (Part 2) Sept 2012





Saturday 22 Sept 2012



We did some shopping in the morning and got some lotto tickets. We didn’t win the $30m jackpot last night so we are in next week’s lotto which has jackpotted to $40m. I will have to come back to Canada to claim my share (if we win) as I will be on the ship when it is drawn.

In the afternoon Davie took me down to his Legion Club (RSL Club) for a few drinks.

 He got off to a great start as he had found some old lotto tickets that had slopped down under the cushions on the lounge so he handed them in to check if there were any winners. Bingo!! One of them won a prize of $6500.  Needless to say we celebrated this win.

Sheila had a beaut Greek salad and lamb dinner waiting for us when we got home. We continue to celebrate Davie’s win with a few more drinks. I got to bed about 11pm.

Sun 23 Sept

OMG I woke with a hangover so after a glass of water I went back to bed for a few more hours. I got up feeling a bit better about 9am and Sheila cooked up a healthy brekkie of scrambled eggs on toast. After a shower and freshen up Davie and I went down to the Farmer’s markets and a walk along the waterfront.




































It was beaut to have an easy day and an alcohol free day for me. Sheila made a fantastic roast beef dinner with all the trimmings.












We had a relaxing night at home and I was in bed by 9.45pm.

Monday 24 Sept

Slept in and woke feeling in top form at 7.30am. Marvellous what an alcohol free day does for the body and the head.





After brekkie we set off to the Lotto office to pick up David’s winnings before going over to Grantham Island to have a look around. 

The markets were very colourful and busy. We had a fantastic seafood lunch at Bridges Restaurant.

In the mid afternoon I went over to visit Maurice and Brigit (who I met on the World Cruise last year), they live only 5 minutes from Davie and Sheila in West Van. They have a great apartment with fantastic views over the ocean so we saw the ships departing the port as they passed bye. After some yummy seafood savouries and a few Guinness they took me down to the Cactus Club Bar and Grill for dinner.


 It was great to catch up with them and even though it had been 19months since I last saw them it only seemed like a few weeks ago.

I was home in bed by 9.45pm as we have a full day tomorrow with a trip to Victoria on Vancouver Island.

Tuesday 25 Sept

Well we were all up early at 6.00am to get ready for the big day trip to Victoria Vancouver Island. We had an hour and a half drive to catch the 9am ferry, then we had a 2 hour ferry ride out to Vancouver Island. We had brekkie on the boat. The ferry ride was very pleasant and seemed to go very quickly.




We toured the Island and did some shopping in Victoria. I got another polo shirt to add to my collection. Then it was time to do the 110km trip from Victoria to Nanaimo to catch another Ferry to Horseshoe Bay just near West Vancouver.













On arrival back Sheila insisted I go to a t-shirt printing shop to have my own Sir Pat t-shirt printed. Well it was a comedy of errors as the bloke didn’t have a good grasp of English a bit like Manual from Faulty Towers. Anyway after about 50 minutes I lefy the shop with something like what I wanted. It is one of the most expensive T-shirts I own. Clothing is so expensive in Canada and then they have to add on all the taxes.





We had a quiet night as Sheila and Davie made a big homemade pizza feast and we had a few drinks. After the long day we were all pleased to have an early night.

Tomorrow morning I go into ‘Sir Pat’ mode and join the Volendam for the 24 day cruise back to Australia. I cannot thank Davie & Sheila enough for their hospitality and kindness over the past week.

No comments:

Post a Comment