Pages

Monday 1 August 2011

Ms Statendam Panama Cruise 2009 Canada &USA



In mid-2009 I flew from Cairns to San Diego to commence a 14 day Holland America cruise on the MS Statendam through the Panama Canal. This was my second cruise and it certainly was a highlight travelling through the Panama Canal. On this cruise I met some very genuine people that to this day I consider as friends as we had so much fun combined with many laughs whilst on the ship and I still keep in touch with them.

After the cruise I had a few days with my friends Kathy and Mike in Florida, they gave me a great time and showed me many of the local points of interest around the Fort Lauderdale and nearby areas. I really enjoyed visiting some of the Irish pubs and restaurants and having a few Guinness.

I then flew to Toronto in Canada and did various sightseeing trips around the city as well is doing an excursion of two days to the Niagara Falls. I really enjoyed the falls and the attractions there, a highlight was doing the first 'Maid of the Mist' cruise of the 2009 season. 

After Canada I flew down to Chicago where I was met by John and Carla and I had the privilege of staying with them or about five days. They went out of their way to show me as much of Chicago as was possible in this limited period of time. Chicago is a fantastic city and a great place to visit. One of the highlights of the visit was to attend the Anzac Day ceremony in the city.

I then flew to Las Vegas and had a few days there before visiting Los Angeles for the final days of my North American visit. I took the advantage of visiting Disney, Hollywood and the LA beaches.

I found the people I met in both nations of North America to be very friendly and helpful, I suspect that many Americans and Canadians like the Aussie accent. To my friends Kathy and Mike and also John and Carla my sincere appreciation and thanks for inviting me to stay in your homes.

I hope you enjoy the video I have produced covering this holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment